Greetings to all my friends!
I'm excited to be going on my biggest adventure yet! I'll be visiting schools in Jordan, Lebanon, and Egypt. Check out my blog as I share my SUPER trip.

Your friend,
Alf

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hallas, done!

Faithful Readers,
We are back home after our great adventure. It took us 38 hours to get home from Cairo, with stops in London and Frankfurt, but we made it! Laura is a little weary, but I've still got some energy!
This adventure was challenging and different, rewarding and extraordinary. We had a chance to visit 24 schools in 3 countries, and we talked to dozens of teachers and administrators. Although we found things to be different in many ways, it is clear that the heart of a teacher is the same everywhere. Teachers all want their students to thrive and meet their potential, and they know that teaching children to read will open the doors to unlimited joy and knowledge.
This experience was humbling and affirming, and all-in-all "splendid,"  as Ms. Blossom would say!
Thanks for following my blog! Until next time. . .
Salaamou Alaykom, my friends.
Your trusty correspondent,
Alf

No comments:

Post a Comment