Greetings to all my friends!
I'm excited to be going on my biggest adventure yet! I'll be visiting schools in Jordan, Lebanon, and Egypt. Check out my blog as I share my SUPER trip.

Your friend,
Alf

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The schools we have visited

Laura and I have been very busy each day visiting schools here in Amman. Yaman takes us around the city each day (madly navigating the crazy traffic) to make our visits. Our potential customers here are private schools where they teach reading in English. They also teach reading in Arabic. All the children are native Arabic speakers. The teachers are extremely courteous, and welcome us warmly.  Also, at each school we are offered drinks and sweets, and it is expected that we will partake of their hospitality (so of course Laura does!)  The schools here typically use one of the major basal programs, and although some of the teachers and principals are satisfied with their programs, they have all been intrigued with and open to hearing about Superkids.  In our presentations, participants will comment positively, nod approvingly, and laugh at me and my fellow Superkids. The attributes of our program that they notice and appreciate are the engagement, the systematicity and explicitness, and the concise, linear quality of the materials. In other words, many of the same attributes recognized by teachers everywhere. Class sizes are typically between 20-25, and in talking to the teachers, Laura reports that they face many of the challenges our American teachers face.
Apparently kids are kids, but my friends and I could have told you that!
Your trusty correspondent, Alf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment